By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st entire connection with the anthropological research of advanced organizations
- Details how organizational thought and study in company has followed anthropology’s key suggestion of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic methods to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of firm organizations and of non-governmental companies operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics lined comprise organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive types and staff development, organizational dysfunctions, international networked companies, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sphere of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sphere within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read Online or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2008 im Fachbereich Kulturwissenschaften - Sonstiges, notice: 1,3, Universität Augsburg, Veranstaltung: Die Weimarer Republik in politik- und kulturgeschichtlicher Perspektive, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „In einem Punkt“, so schreibt Hartmut Rosa in seinem 2005 erschienenen Werk "Beschleunigung: Die Veränderung der Zeitstrukturen in der Moderne", „sind sich die Verfechter wie die Verächter der Moderne von Anfang an [.
In 1981, UT Press started to factor supplemental volumes to the vintage sixteen-volume paintings, guide of heart American Indians. those supplementations are meant to replace scholarship in quite a few components and to hide issues of present curiosity. supplementations dedicated to Archaeology, Linguistics, Literatures, Ethnohistory, and Epigraphy have seemed to date.
This volume explores how mechanisms of postindustrial capitalism have an effect on locations and other people in peripheral areas and de-industrializing towns. whereas reports of globalization tend to emphasize localities newly hooked up to international platforms, this assortment, against this, analyzes the disconnection of groups clear of the industry, featuring a variety of ethnographic case reviews that scrutinize the framework of this transformative strategy, examining new social formations which are rising within the voids left in the back of by means of the de-industrialization, and introducing a dialogue at the strength affects of the present financial and ecological crises at the hyper-mobile version that has characterised this contemporary part of world capitalism and spatially asymmetric improvement.
This booklet is an exam of the song of the Balinese gendér wayang, the quartet of metallophones - gendér - that accompanies the Balinese shadow puppet play - wayang kulit. The booklet specializes in techniques of musical version, the most technique of growing new tune during this style, and the consequences of those techniques for the social and ancient learn of Balinese song, musical aesthetics, innovations of creativity and compositional equipment.
- In and Out of Each Other's Bodies: Theory of Mind, Evolution, Truth, and the Nature of the Social
- Essays on the Sociology of Culture (Routledge Classics in Sociology)
- Signifying Identities: Anthropological Perspectives on Boundaries and Contested Identities
- Collaborative Ethnography in Business Environments
- The Beauty of the Primitive: Shamanism and Western Imagination: Shamanism and the Western Imagination
- The Packhorseman (Alabama Fire Ant)
Extra resources for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)